The Polsky Heart for Entrepreneurship and Innovation and The Grainger School of Engineering are happy to announce the winners of the 11th Annual School New Enterprise Problem (CNVC).
This 12 months’s winner are High Tier Classes, a web based platform that matches faculty scholar athletes with mother and father searching for sports activities classes for his or her youngsters, and Quail.ai, a machine studying toolkit for small and midsize companies.
“Yearly, I’m so impressed by the School crew’s companies and the difficult issues that they’re addressing,” stated Starr Marcello, AM ’04, MBA ’17, deputy dean for MBA packages on the College of Chicago’s Sales space Faculty of Enterprise and professor of the CNVC. “This 12 months, there was spectacular range within the concepts within the CNVC and lots of the groups developed doubtlessly trailblazing improvements. I’m pleased with the expansion of every of the CNVC groups this 12 months, and I sit up for seeing their continued success.”
The seven finalist groups on Tuesday, February 28th, offered their enterprise plans to a judging panel composed of traders, entrepreneurs, alumni, and school.
“The CNVC is a shining instance of what enterprise competitions are all about. It’s pushing large concepts past the classroom; fostering a tradition of collaboration, innovation and entrepreneurship throughout disciplines; and bridging the hole between lecturers and trade,” stated Jed Taylor, Assistant Dean of Innovation and Entrepreneurship in The Grainger School of Engineering. “Congratulations to this 12 months’s winners. We sit up for following the entire groups as they proceed to pursue their entrepreneurial ventures.”
Every of the seven finalist groups obtained funding. They’re:
First Place (tie) – $35,000 every
- High Tier Classes // High Tier Classes is a web based platform that matches faculty scholar athletes with mother and father locally searching for sports activities classes for his or her youngsters.
- Quail.ai // Quail.ai is a machine studying toolkit for small and midsize companies as they transition to the AI-driven financial system. The toolkit, a plug-and-play resolution that minimizes infrastructure funding, integrates with any growth pipeline and deployment setting.
Second place (tie) – $20,000 every
- Hazy Bunny // Hazy Bunny is revolutionizing the RTD cocktail market with a recent strategy to a 2,000-year-old drink. Our pulque-based cocktails, blended with tropical fruits, supply our prospects a singular style expertise whereas selling intestine well being and decreasing hangover results.
- EchoLife // Outpatient medical clinics are struggling, and EchoLife is right here to assist. EchoLife is a medical imaging software program resolution that improves effectivity, accessibility, and precision of medical imaging for sufferers and physicians at outpatient medical clinics. EchoLife develops revolutionary software program and AI for picture acquisition and interpretation, starting with echocardiogram imaging.
- Sakura MedTech // Sakura MedTech offers accessible, minimally invasive testing and outcomes. Our diagnostic medical gadget helps gynecologists who wish to present a extra comfy setting for sufferers by decreasing the invasive feeling for sufferers and rising accessibility and luxury through the service gynecologists present.
Third Place (tie) – $10,000 every
- Demeter // Offering digital instruments to farmers and lenders to simplify the mortgage utility course of and make use of other information like distant sensing, predicted yield, soil well being and so on, to make higher credit score threat evaluation of farms for loans.
- Populus // Populus is a decentralized governance and human capital administration platform for decentralized communities. Constructed on the Polygon blockchain community, Populus makes use of ERC-721 sensible contracts to assign governance energy, create a governance course of, and set up manufacturing for members of a neighborhood in a decentralized and law-abiding method.
The CNVC is the undergraduate observe of the College of Chicago Sales space Faculty of Enterprise’ New Enterprise Problem – one of many top-ranked accelerator packages within the nation – and is open to returning undergraduate college students from UChicago in addition to college students within the entrepreneurship observe of The Grainger School of Engineering’s Metropolis Students program on the College of Illinois Urbana-Champaign (UIUC).
This system consists of a credit-bearing course at Chicago Sales space through the winter quarter that culminates in a enterprise launch competitors.
Be taught extra concerning the CNVC right here >>